These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this position. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the position in a satisfactory manner. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field, preferred
- An equivalent amount of experience in sales, marketing or operations may substitute the degree preference
- (1) year of cash handling experience
- (1) year of Banking experience
- Thorough understanding of corporate business account documentation and consumer loan documentation, including proficiency with BSA and CIP, preferred
- Ability to learn and adapt to new information and technology platforms
- Experience using personal computers, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Bilingual in English and Spanish, preferred
- Must be able to work flexible hours as scheduled Monday through Friday, and Saturday rotation (hours will fluctuate as business needs dictate)
- This position reports to the Banking Center Manager
- This position does not oversee other position
All employees are required to attend scheduled mandatory training and complete online regulatory compliance training courses applicable to their specific job function. In all situations, employees must ensure that their actions fully comply with all federal banking laws and regulations, including internal bank policies and procedures.Failure to adhere to these requirements will be grounds for disciplinary action, including probation and possible termination.
Lone Star National Bank’s Mission Statement includes a commitment to helping our communities grow by serving them with pride and integrity. All employees are encouraged to volunteer for bank sponsored activities, civic, charitable and community events and to be active in the communities we serve.
Punctuality and regular attendance should be regarded as essential functions of any position at Lone Star National Bank.
Among other things, "good attendance habits" mean the following:
- Be at your workstation ready for work by the start of each workday
- Remain at your workstation, unless the needs of the job require being elsewhere, except during authorized breaks (including restroom breaks)
- Take only the time normally allowed for breaks
- Call in and notify your supervisor or another member of management if you are going to be either absent or tardy
- Alternate work arrangements such as telecommuting or working from home are not permitted by Lone Star National Bank
LSNB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate in the recruitment, hiring, and conditions of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status as protected by applicable laws.
Management reserves the right to change this position description at any time according to business needs.